1. VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Home – Veterans may receive vocational rehabilitation and employment services to help with job training, employment, resume development, and job seeking skills. Other services may be provided to assist Veterans in starting their own businesses or independent living services for those who are severely disabled and unable to work in traditional employment.
2. VA Employment Programs for Homeless Veterans – VA’s Compensated Work Therapy Program is a national vocational program comprised of three unique programs which assist homeless Veterans in returning to competitive employment: Sheltered Workshop, Transitional Work, and Supported Employment. Veterans in CWT are paid at least the federal or state minimum wage, whichever is greater.
3. American Job Centers – America’s Service Locator connects individuals to employment and training opportunities available at local American Job Centers. The website provides contact information for a variety of local work-related services, including unemployment benefits, career development, and educational opportunities.
4. National Veterans Foundation Job Board – A listing of jobs across the country at companies interesting in hiring veterans
5. Work for Warriors (Guard and Reserve) – Job Postings & Unit Vacancies. The California Military Department is a diverse, community-based organization comprised of four pillars: the California Army National Guard, the California Air National Guard, the California State Military Reserve and the California Youth and Community Programs.
6. Small Business (SBA Veteran & Disabled Veterans) – If you are a Veteran or service-disabled Veteran, SBA has resources to help you start and grow your small business.
Article re-purposed from original source: https://nvf.org/veteran-resources/